- Floodlights. The main pitches’ floodlights were serviced and improved recently. This work means that lights can be safely and simply operated by key when required.
- U21 Management. U21 management team was appointed at June executive meeting with Ned Kearney appointed as manager assisted by Hank Traynor & John Lunney. The club was extremely satisfied with both the level of interest in the role & the calibre of candidates.
- Club Gear. Club gear is available either online or through pooled club orders. Players, management and supporters are encouraged to wear club gear as much as possible.
- Player Retention. County Board has started a committee on Player retention (or lack of) and teenage years (13 – 18 in particular). This is a issue we are trying to address within the club and it is clear from the meetings that other clubs are in a similar position. Managers are asked to identify players that have or are beginning to drift and discuss with Colin Moran. I ask that any managers especially in the critical age groups attend this rolling meeting if possible (July 17th in Navan).
- U35s. Simonstown u35s are playing against Waltestown next weekend (Sat 12th) and any interested players are asked to contact Cormac McEvoy.
- Club Coffee Shop. Club coffee shop is open Saturday mornings and all teams are asked to encourage coaches, players and parents to call in for a coffee.
- Academy. Academy training continues on Saturdays with the kids have passed level 2 recently.
- U8. U8 boys and girls are continuing to participate in blitzes and are training Wednesday & Saturdays.
- U10. U10s are training Wednesday evening & Saturday morning and have participated in 5 blitzes so far.
- U12. U12s are now in the Summer league and are also training Wednesday nights.
- U14. U14s recently competed very well in Leinster Invitational Feile. They have started their Summer League.
- U15. U15s recently won the Meath 7 a side competition.
- U16. Summer league has started and training continues.
- U17. U17 Summer league has started with 1 game played. Ciaran Kenny is managing this team.
- U18. Training continues with championship due to start in August.
- Jun C. Jun C are qualified for knockout stages of championship.
- Jun A. Going very well in B League 1 and well positioned to progress in championship.
- Senior. Well positioned in league and 100% championship record. Likely that next championship (rd 4) will be early – Mid august.
A working led by Ned Kearney is in the process of finalising a report on how to progress the club gym with regards to football strength & conditioning. Considerations include space, equipment, access, management and usage. A phased plan will be brought to the Executive for decision in early August.
The third quarterly meeting will be held in August. This follows meetings in Feb & May. In addition to general agenda items (team update, budget, ongoing events) it is intended that this meeting will also discuss the ‘competitiveness’ of our underage teams. The meeting will be open & any and all ideas for progressing football & football resources/infrastructure are encouraged. Proposed date is Monday 18th August.
- Please update facebook & website with football news (before and after) if you have access. If you don’t have access please pass info to Kenny Cantwell.
- Juvenile teams that have big brothers assigned are asked to incorporate & include them more into sessions & big matches.
- Best wishes to Ciaran Kenny & Robbie Quinn who are continuing their recovering from injuries at present.
- Best wishes to Seamus Kenny, Shane ORourke, Colm & Eamon Brady as Meath prepare for the upcoming Leinster Final.
- Anyone interested in assisting the football committee or getting involved with a team is asked to get in contact.
- Any fundraising ideas for football are asked to be forwarded to Executive for progress.